Makes one 9-inch pie, enough to serve 10 to 12 *
1 unbaked 9-inch Pie Crust, homemade or store bought
1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree *
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground mace
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups whole milk
2 extra-large eggs
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
2. Put the pumpkin, sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, mace, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Paddle at low-medium speed for approximately 2 minutes.
3. With the motor running, pour in the milk in two additions. Stop the motor, scrape the sides of the bowl with a wooden spatula, restart, and paddle for an additional 2 minutes. Add the eggs and paddle until absorbed, approximately 2 additional minutes.
4. Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pie crust in a pan and bake for 15 minutes, then lower heat to 375 degrees and bake until a finger dabbed onto the surface emerges clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
5. Remove the pie from the oven and let cool for 1 to 2 hours. Slice and serve right away, or cover with plastic and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Actually this recipe makes quite a bit of filling so be prepared.
* If using homemade roasted pureed