May 21, 5:15 p.m. EDT — The Full Flower Moon. Flowers are abundant everywhere this time of year. This moon was also known as the Full Corn Planting Moon or the Milk Moon. Under the old rules originally set forth by the Maine Farmer’s Almanac, this is also a Blue Moon. Typically, there are three full moons for each season, but sometimes a season will have four full moons. This is the case for spring 2016; the full moon on June 20 occurs less than 12 hours before the official start of the summer season, making that moon the fourth full moon of the spring. Under the Almanac’s rules, the third full moon in a season that has four is referred to as the Blue Moon.
Making clear and honest choices and action towards your greatest dreams and visions is illuminated by this full moon. The blue flame of the Sagittarius invites us into deeper Presence within, so that we can explore important paths/options/choices to support our life path from our intuitive guidance and body wisdom, rather than solely from the logical mind. It is a potent time to focus on celebrating the paths you have chosen, and give thanks for all the blessings already alive in the form of action.
Just as flower blooms, in this Flowering Moon, you can take action by honoring yourself for all the ways in which you are already expanding and growing. Self-Love Rituals to nourish the body and mind are especially powerful. This is a time where a new version of the ‘bigger picture’ of your life may emerge and you may experience revelations to weave and connect the dots in the mythical sense for the path you walk.
Flower Moon Attributes
- Tarot: The Lovers
- Herbs: Elder, Mint, Rose, Mugwort, Thyme
- Colors: Green, Brown, Pink
- Stones: Emerald, Malachite, Amber, Carnelian, Moonstone
- Animals: Cats, Lynx, Leopard, Swan, Dove
- Goddesses: Maia, Venus, Aphrodite, Artemis, Bast
- Moon Medicine: Creation, Love, Intuition, Divine Connection, Connection with Nature, Sexuality, Sensuality Beltane
- Make Love to Life: Whether this means literally making love with the intentional celebration of your creative forces and pleasure, or metaphorically, this is time to put your hearts desires into motion. Dance. Paint. Sing. Play music. Weave. Craft.
- Vision Board: Take action to bring all your sacred visions to form a vision board and place it under the moonlight for blessed activation.
- Fire Moon Ritual: Get into Nature. Take off your shoes. Breathe in the air and remember that your cycles mimic Hers. Give any your limiting beliefs and fears to the Fire (either by building one or with candles). With movement and voice, write them down and burn them. This is an act of purification and activation and a releasing of any heavyweight or burdens you may be carrying. Then welcome in and all the feelings inside of you that make you feel WONDERFUL and move in that direction. Literally.
- Moon Elixir: Combine mint/rose/tulsi/hibiscus/cinnamon tea with honey and you’ve got a simple and delicious fiery elixir. Place it in Full Moonlight (you can even add a quartz crystal into your cup for added magic), drink in all that you are great-full for and sip in celebration of your feminine lunar essence.
- Remember: Put out your gemstones and jewels in a window or in water for cleansing, renewal and activation. Place an apple and glass of water in the moonlight and have it for a ‘Moon Wisdom’ breakfast the next morning.
- Commune: Gather in an intentional way with loved ones and do any of the above together and create your own. Now can be a powerful time to be with the energy of the collective.
Full Moon rituals can be done the day before, of and after the actual full moon. This is the 3 day potency period.