BALSAMIC WISHING MOON ~ NEW MOON IN TAURUS
We are entering the New Moon in Taurus this Wednesday, April 26th at 5:16 am (PST). Moon in Taurus slows us down and creates an earthy, sensual time. I cannot think of a better time to connect to my creative and sensual self ~ to plant the fertile seed and listen to the miracle of Mother Earth within as she shares her magic and guides us to manifesting our hearts dreams and songs. There is much going on under this Earth sign that is ruled by Venus and for this new moon, I want to share a ritual to invoke the energy of the Balsamic Moon ~ the Wishing Moon. The Balsamic Moon phase is the three days before the New Moon and a beautiful, magical time for placing your wishes in the air. As Steve Nelson says, “A wish made on the Balsamic Moon is more likely to come true because needs are felt more deeply now…the more deeply a need is felt, the more invocation energy goes into the Moon cycle and the more likely this need will be met. You may be more aware of fears, self-doubts and difficult emotional tides at the close of the Moon cycle. The old emotional cycle is breaking down and everything that is wrong tends to come to awareness ~ let’s not forget, feeling invokes healing”
As the moon wanes, awareness of what you no longer need waxes. This is a time to see what is standing in your way, holding you back ~ the New Moon in Taurus is a time to slow down, clear the way and allow yourself the space to plant your seeds ~ receive the insight
Here is a Bath Ritual for you to use under the Balsamic Moon (Today, Monday, Tuesday)
A great way to cleanse during the Balsamic Moon is to bathe in salt water. A hot mineral bath is healing when your emotional and physical toxins are ready to be released. So take a bath to support your clearing of toxins and perceptions and open up to the awareness.
- 1 cup Epsom Salt
- 1 cup Sea Salt
- Essential Oil ~ you can use quite a few drops and let it soak into the salts prior to using – remember the smell in the bath will be diluted so don’t be afraid to make it strong ~ a few oils I suggest are rosemary or geranium.
- If you feel you are drawn to work on a chakra – use the color/smell to match that chakra.
- Place a candle at the foot of the bath to aid in clearing the mind and focusing intentions.
- Add flowers to bring the image, word, and feeling of beauty to your time…remember your own beauty matches the beauty that surrounds you daily.
- Play soft music or create a time of silence.
Then on Wednesday, April 26th once we move into the New Moon (5:16 am PST) create a vision board ~ one that can tap you into your center of creativity ~ the energy center that strengthens your ability to express yourself and your manifestations. It will be a great tool to guide you through to the Full Moon in Scorpio on May 10th.
Here are some thoughts on creating your vision board:
- Plan a time that will give you at least 2 hours for creating …
- Light a candle and tune into your vision for manifesting over the next few weeks or longer…
- Using a heavier paper like a Matboard ~ cut it into the circle or use it in the square…
- Grab magazines, colored pencils, stamps or anything that sparks you…
- Cut, write, paste and create….
- If you like, once you have completed your cuttings, blindly draw several to cover your paper and let your intuition guide you…
- Place your picture in a place where you can connect with your vision daily ~ preferably in the morning upon awakening and in the evening before going to sleep ~ maybe at the end of your bed!
Monday, Apr 24th
Moon Phase: Fourth Quarter and Waning, Incense – Neroli, Color – Ivory
Tuesday, Apr 25th
Moon Phase: Fourth Quarter and Waning, Incense – Geranium, Color – Gray
Wednesday, Apr 26th
Moon Phase: New Moon, Incense – Lavender, Color – Yellow
Thursday, Apr 27th
Moon Phase: First Quarter and Waxing, Incense – Carnation, Color – Green
Friday, Apr 28th
Moon Phase: First Quarter and Waxing, Incense – Alder, Color – Rose
Saturday, Apr 29th
Moon Phase: First Quarter and Waxing, Incense – Rue, Color – Blue
Sunday, Apr 30th
Moon Phase: First Quarter and Waxing, Incense – Juniper, Color – Orange