SUMMER SOLSTICE RITUAL WITH CRYSTALS
The solstice is the longest day of the year, where the sun will appear to stand still in the sky as it reaches its highest point. The word solstice is derived from the Latin word solstitium, containing sol meaning “the sun” and sistere meaning “to come to a stop and make stand still.”
The summer solstice is a time to celebrate the light within ourselves as well as each and every person on this Earth. It’s a very spiritual time when we celebrate the light of consciousness within and attune ourselves to the cycles of nature.
The summer sun brings inner power and abundance, brightening our lives with its sunlight. The energy of the sun inspires action. It’s a powerful time to walk in alignment and harmony with your personal truth and beliefs. This is the time to let go of what no longer serves you, as you empower yourself to move towards what feeds your soul. Honor the energy of this special occurrence with a simple summer solstice ritual with crystals!
SUMMER SOLSTICE RITUAL WITH CRYSTALS
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 sunstone stone
- 1 moonstone stone
- 1 chrysocolla stone
- On the morning of June 20th, be outside when the sun rises to attune yourself with the sun rising over a period of new beginnings.
- Hold your three crystals—Sunstone, Moonstone, and Chrysocolla—in your hands. Sunstonerepresents the energy of the Sun, connecting you with action, movement and solar energy—the masculine. Moonstone represents the energy of the moon, receptivity, emotions and the feminine. Chrysocolla aligns you with Heaven and Earth and represents new beginnings.
- As you hold these crystals, stand with your feet firming planted in the ground. See the soles of your feet rooting to the energy of the Earth.
- State out loud, I would like to program these crystals to connect me with the rhythm of Mother Nature and realign me with my own internal rhythm. By bringing both of these together in union, you will be in sync with the Earth, yourself and a higher power.
- Feel the energy of the sun’s rays. Hold your hands with the crystals above your head and ask the sun to infuse your mind, body, and soul with healing vibrant light.
- Now, sit down on the Earth and take the time to listen to the sounds of Mother Nature waking up in the morning. Breathe, feel and just be one with nature. It is your birthright to feel connected to the ground beneath your feet and the sun above your head. Take a moment to give thanks for your life, for this moment and for our planet.
- With your crystals in hand, close your eyes. Ask yourself what you can do to leave a lighter footprint on the planet. One person can make a huge difference in changing the world.
- Gently open your eyes. Place your crystals from your summer solstice ritual in your pocket or your purse and carry them with you throughout the day. Know that you’re keeping a little bit of the Earth with you throughout the day. They hold the memories of many summer solstices.
THE NEW BEGINNINGS STONE
Sunstone (Oligoclase) is dedicated to the Greek sun-god Helios because of its golden sparkle. The Greeks believed that Sunstone protected the earth from disaster and kept the sun on its right course. Traditional Sunstone should not be confused with the Sunstone known as aventurine, which belongs to the quartz family.
Colors: reddish-brown iridescent, translucent
Uses: Sunstone is a great stone to use when dealing with issues of trust. It is helpful in releasing internal anger, stimulating awareness and self-awareness, and it neutralizing negativity through this awareness. Sunstone allows one to see the highest perspective or vision – use this stone for a journey of discovery into the inner self.
Star Sign: Leo
TIPS FOR SUNSTONE
THE ENERGY OF SUNSTONE BRINGS HEALTH, WEALTH AND HAPPINESS
Sunstone increases self-esteem and self-confidence.
Sunstone is an excellent remedy for disturbed sleep.
Sunstone provides the stamina and energy to undertake projects.
Sunstone lifts depression and releases feelings of failure and discrimination.
Sunstone promotes good humor, cheerfulness, and good temper.
Sunstone encourages your sunny side to come to the fore.
Sunstone water is an excellent treatment for gout.
Sunstone boosts self-confidence and helps the wearer discover his own nature and live accordingly.
THE FEMININE STONE
Moonstone is one of the best stones for bringing emotional calm and stability, as it has the ability to quickly release tensions created by emotional stress. All problems involving the flow of energy, particularly in the female reproductive system, can be eased; intuition, creativity, and empathy can also increase with moonstone.
Energy: emotionally balanced, intuitive, cyclical
Colors: milky and translucent, pale blue, green and gray
Use: Connection to female energy, receptivity, tidal flow, cycles, multi-dimensional awareness. Moonstone is beneficial for balancing emotions, the reproductive organs, and healing. It enhances sensitivity, intuition, clairvoyance, open-mindedness. Moonstone has been employed in farming, divination, artistic pursuits, and dancing.
Star Sign: Cancer
TIPS FOR MOONSTONE
Carry moonstone to relieve the symptoms of PMS
Wear moonstone to prevent you from repeating negative patterns
Hold moonstone to soothe your emotions
Lie down and place moonstone on your sacral chakra to release energy blocks
Give moonstone to promote caring in relationships
Place moonstone around you to bring peace of mind
Keep moonstone in your bathroom to promote a youthful appearance
Soothing moonstone inspires fresh insight
Moonstone brings good fortune, fruitfulness, and true love
Emotional stress often affects the stomach and digestive system, disrupting normal processes of absorbing nutrition from food. Stomach aches and headaches can be relieved by moonstone if their source is emotional.
Moonstone is a meditation stone which stimulates knowing, understanding, and appreciation.
The name Moonstone comes from the mysterious sheen which is similar to ‘moonlight’.
Moonstone brings to our self-awareness and allows us to grow while learning balance.
If you are on a diet, wear a charged moonstone and reprogram your eating habits.
Moonstone is protective and should be carried when away from home.
Use Moonstone for problem-solving and decision-making.
THE FEMININE BALANCING STONE
For thousands of years, chrysocolla has been a stone of conciliation and reassurance throughout the world. For Egyptians, chrysocolla was the softer brother of turquoise. Chrysocolla is only rarely found today, which is why it is fairly expensive.
Colors: blue and green
Uses: Chrysocolla is used for tapping into your inner voice, sacred communication, digestion, ulcers, arthritis, hypertension, stress. Chrysocolla is beneficial for self-confidence and musical ability.
Star Sign: Taurus
TIPS FOR CHRYSOCOLLA
Keep chrysocolla with you when you are pregnant; its soothing energy is good for both you and your unborn child
Put chrysocolla in your garden to help balance the earth`s natural energy
Give yourself a boost of sexuality and revitalize your relationship by placing chrysocolla around your bedroom
Wear or carry chrysocolla to ease the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome
Give chrysocolla to friends whenever you feel discretion is needed
“Feel better” Chrysocolla helps to release the tension