Water Blessing Ceremony: New Moon In Cancer
Today, June 23rd, at 7:31 pm PST (10:31 EST) the Moon will move into her darkness under the sign of Cancer. This is the day that the Moon rises with the Sun and is too close to the sun’s glare to be visible with the eye. This Cancer Moon is here to guide you into feeling your potential and helping you to re-orient yourself to your highest work and purpose. Time to plant your seeds of intention under her New Moon energy.
Cancer, a water sign, is ruled by Grandmother Moon. Moon in Cancer reconnects us with our oceans of emotions and so we may find ourselves feeling more deeply or with a heightened sensitivity. Cancer is the sign of the archetypal mother, our own mothers as well as the Great Mother Earth. Under this New Moon in Cancer, we can also find many other planets positioned in water signs: Chiron (Pisces), Mercury (Cancer), Mars (Cancer) and Neptune (Pisces) ~ making the water very prominent and deeply felt under this Moon.
This is a time to remember that water is medicine.
Water is about movement, flow, and change. She is our most vital life resource, a cleanser, and a way to release into and give blessings under this Cancer Moon.
The water element is related to the heart, to our connection with others, which is why it is so important to be alert to her condition around the world. As we allow her to be mistreated and filled with toxins ~ we will find that our own hearts will feel the same mistreatment and become filled with troubles and harm.
We believe this new moon is the perfect time for a water blessing ceremony ~ to help heal you, the water and the world. In fact, we dedicate Every day from today a day for a water blessing ceremony!
We have designed this ceremony around the Sacred Geometry of the water element, the Icosahedron (this geometry corresponds to the Sacral Chakra so working with this Chakra is also healing under this Moon). The Icosahedron enhances your creative thought process and can help to move and eliminate emotional blocks to give your creativity the openness ‘to go with the flow’ to move you through challenging and/or exciting changes.
Combining the sacred geometry with crystals gives the water additional healing properties. We recommend using Rose Quartz, Amethyst, and Clear Quartz, as they are safe to place inside and outside the water; and contain amazing energies. Quartz provides clarity in thinking; the Rose Quartz brings in a positive, gentle love; and Amethyst is the teacher of all things spiritual and healing to body, mind, and soul.
Your Water Blessing Ceremony:
- Gather a clear glass, bowl or vase for your water and/or crystals;
- Print out the picture of the Icosahedron below:
You may need to change the size to fit the bottom of your glass/bowl/vase depending on what you have to work with.
- Place your paper on a windowsill or somewhere where it will catch the longest amount of the new moon energy and then place your glass/bowl/vase on top of the image so that the bottom fits over the entire image.
- Pour water into the jar/glass/vase.
- Clean your crystals and then place them inside your vessel (for those of you who have saved the crystals from the Gem Juices ~ they are a perfect size!) and arrange them onto the numbered points on the Icosahedron as shown below (We used a bamboo skewer to move the crystals into place). You can use larger or smaller crystals, just be sure to place them on each of the numbered points:
- You can also place the crystals directly onto the paper and then place the jar onto the crystals (as shown below). If you are using crystals other than the Rose Quartz, Amethyst or Clear Quartz, you may want to use this method.
- Now you are ready to bless the water. Take a few moments to connect to your breath and then say your blessing into the water. Remember water is prana and so you are just reminding her of her power and beauty!
Here are a few blessing for you to choose from ~ but we encourage you to use your own words as you may want to weave your intention into the blessing ~
Or you can use the Hawaiian Huna Ho’oponopono blessing:
I am sorry, I forgive you, thank you, I love you.
In the morning before eating or drinking anything else ~ bless the water and then take a sip and feel your own healing powers as she moves into your system! This is your water to seed and bless your intention, use it daily. You can bless yourself with your intention by placing drops under your tongue or drinking it or placing the drops on your body. You may not see or feel it right away, be patient, it may take a few days before you will notice something.
Use this water throughout the next few weeks to change the vibration of the water you drink and cook with. Just place a few drops of your blessed water into your water jug or cooking pan. A few drops are enough to change the vibration of the other water and don’t forget to bless it at the same time! When we take on the act of blessing our water and sharing it with our bodies and larger bodies of water we become a force of healing ~ near and far.
Water is the greatest of all substances and is closely connected to the feminine and our intuition. The great flow of life is in water and that is the beauty and power of water blessings. We cannot change things outside of ourselves because everything is coming from within. When we go inside and take responsibility for how we are feeling it has a direct effect on the planet. The ocean is made up of drops and we are each one of those precious drops ~ so let us start here one drop at a time…