How to Make Peaceful Sleep Sachets Using Herbs, Essential Oils, and Crystals
Folklore and ancestral wisdom tell us that the right blend of herbs, essential oils, and crystals can assist the body in experiencing restorative sleep.
one of my favorite ways to incorporate each of these elements into a daily remedy is to create peaceful sleep sachets…
…sleep sachets have been used for centuries. By creating a synergistic blend of herbs, essential oils, and crystals one is said to be able to:
- induce restful sleep
- experience vivid and meaningful dreams
- receive relief from nightmares
- ward off negative energy
- help us relax + unwind
- increase positive vibrations in the space they occupy
- improve mental health
If you, or someone you know, has trouble sleeping…bless them with the gift of a peaceful sleep sachet!
Healing Properties of the Herbs + Essential Oils
- Anise – Repels nightmares, but be sure to use sparingly.
- Calendula Flower – Used to induce restful sleep.
- Catnip – Increases restful sleep. Especially good for babies and children.
- Cedar Leaf Tips – Repels bad dreams.
- Chamomile Flowers – Used for relaxation and pleasant dreams.
- Hops – Aids in restful sleep and healing.
- Jasmine Flowers – The dried flowers are useful for romantic and erotic dreams, especially for women.
- Lavender Flowers – These flowers have the ability to ease stress, soothe, and relax. A simple pillow made only with lavender can be simply perfect.
- Lemon Balm – A known for its ability to reduce anxiety and insomnia. Also valuable for relieving headaches and stress.
- Mugwort – Protection.
- Mullein – Guards against nightmares.
- Rose petals – Adds loving and peaceful thoughts to dreams.
- Rosemary – Repels bad dreams, but use sparingly due to the strong scent.
Healing Properties of the Crystals used as Sleep Aids
Note: I like using smaller crystal chips in my sleep sachets. I find they are easily incorporated into the plant material and weigh less.
- Clear Quartz — Clear quartz is the most powerful healing and energy amplifier on the planet. It is wonderful when used to enhance the energies of other crystals. I add it to these sleep sachets to amp up the energies of the amethyst, rose quartz, and lepidolite.
- Amethyst — Amethyst works by blocking stress and negative environment energies. It is extremely beneficial where insomnia is caused by an overactive mind and protects against recurrent nightmares.
- Rose Quartz — Rose quartz is the stone of unconditional love and infinite peace. It gently draws off negative energy and replaces it with loving vibes. Rose quartz is an excellent addition to sleep sachets as it brings deep, restorative inner healing and self-love.
- Lepidolite — Lepidolite is extremely useful in the reduction of stress and depression. It halts obsessive thoughts, relieves despondency, and overcomes insomnia. It is a calming stone that soothes sleep disturbances and emotional stress, bringing deep emotional healing (Note:: Lepidolite contains lithium and is helpful in stabilizing mood swings and bipolar disorders. It is excellent for overcoming any kind of emotional or mental dependency.)
How to Make Peaceful Sleep Sachets
- choose any number of herbs from the list above based on personal needs/desires (use an equal amount of each herb)
- choose any number of essential oils from the list above (use 5-8 drops of essential oils total for each bag)
- choose any number of crystals from the list above (use a few chips of each crystal)
Add the herbs and crystals into a bowl and mix well using clean hands. Transfer mixture into the muslin bag(s) to fill, add 5-8 drops essential oils and tie it closed. Give the bag a little shake. Set the sachet somewhere near your bed. You can alternatively sleep with it under your pillow or slip it into your pillow case.
Get creative and enjoy!
Note: Naturally the results will be different for everyone.