White Chocolate and Pistachio-Dipped Rooibos Chai Shortbread
There’s no flavor more fall than the spice of chai tea.
With cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger, baking with chai is the perfect way to give any of your favorite baked goods an instant fall makeover. Just take our white chocolate and pistachio-dipped chai shortbread cookies.
While they sound—and taste—almost too good to be true, the quick boost of flavor from cooking with tea has these tasty fall-spiced goodies ready for your holiday party all under one hour from start to finish. Shhhh, we won’t tell if you don’t.
With flecks of loose tea directly blended into the butter and sugar, a beautiful white chocolate shell and a nutty crunch from a sprinkling of pistachios, these simple cookies will have your friends thinking you put in way more time in the kitchen than you did.
So, grab yourself some Flora Rooibos Chai (US/CA) and give your holiday cookies the makeover they deserve.
If you ran out of chips or just don’t want to mess with melted chocolate, no worries! These bad boys are just as good chocolate-free.
Who knew tea could be good for so much more than drinking?
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 bags Flora Chai Rooibos Tea (US/CA)
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus some extra for rolling out the dough
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsalted pistachios, chopped
- Beat ½ cup butter and both sugars with the paddle attachment of a stand mixer (or with a handheld mixer in a large bowl) until well combined. Set aside remaining butter.
- Add flour, tea, and salt, and beat on low until just combined. The mixture will resemble small pebbles. If the dough crumbles when you try to form it into a ball with your hands, add a few drops of cold water. Wrap the dough in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Unwrap dough and place on a generously floured surface. Pat dough into a ½-inch-thick disc, then sprinkle with flour, and gently roll the dough with a rolling pin to smooth the top. Cut into rounds with a 2-inch cookie cutter or glass and transfer to an ungreased baking sheet, leaving 1 inch between cookies. Bake until cookies are firm and beginning to turn golden (about 10 minutes). Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks or paper towels to finish cooling.
- Melt chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is smooth. Alternatively, put chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is smooth.
- Carefully dip each cookie halfway into melted chocolate then into finely chopped pistachios, transfer it to wax paper to cool. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a few days.