Tonight at 5:27 am PST we have a Full Moon in Leo, a Full Lunar Eclipse, a Super Moon, a Blue Moon and a Blood Moon. That is a lot of Moon! And we all know that the Moon rules our emotions so be aware over the next few days of your responses and words.
Blue Moons are when a full moon happens a second time in the same month; Super Moons are closer to the earth and so they appear bigger and brighter; Blood Moons are when the Moon takes on a reddish color under the total eclipse and Leo ~ well Leo Moons are about personal power, warmth, and creativity.
Leo is a Masculine, Barren, Fire Sign and rules the Heart & Upper Back
A Sun in Aquarius sees the greater good of all and the Leo Moon is about self-empowerment and creativity and expression. A Moon in Leo asks the queen within to step forward and take a stand from a place of strength and calm. This is a time to delve into all those places within you that have been hiding in the shadows, waiting for the light to bring them to life, and allow them to grow and blossom.
This Lunar eclipse will be a North Node Eclipse meaning it will be connected to the feminine (the moon) and with the future (North Node). This is a time to connect the deep expression of our self, where we open to self-love and move from the heart. Find your queen and be proud of her ~ open to her calling. Let your emotions guide you toward the issues that are in need of releasing. Let yourself look at where you let love keep you from feeling free and set an intention to work on this without rebellion! A good thing to remember is that Leo & Aquarius hold the energy of individuality ~ they may be in opposition, but this is a power place for sure!
The stones I will be working with under this Moon are Citrine, Honey Calcite, Tigers Eye and Lapis Lazuli. They are wonderful for supporting you in discovering your hidden strengths, inspiring personal empowerment, enhancing self-esteem, support you in making decisions with discernment that are unclouded by this barrage of emotions that we will be dealing with and to carry the power of the sun! For colors, golds, yellows and deep blues are wonderful for this royalty sign! If you like essential oils, I love Rosemary and Ginger for empowering this chakra.
I believe that sound is a powerful tool to work with under this Full Moon and so I share the following sound ritual with you:
Toning is not chanting or singing ~ it is a sound more than a word you create. You pick a note and then draw it out so that you are working with its vibration in your body. Our voice is a powerful way to carry our intentions and as we tone, it brings our intention into our bodies through a vibration delivering healing energy. It can also help you to restore balance and flow to your chakra energy centers. Using your voice creates a deep vibration deep within your body that is soothing and peaceful.
There are different sounds for each energy center. For the Solar Plexus, the sound is RAM. And the sound of the Third Eye the sound is SHAM. These are the two words/notes we will be working with under this Leo Moon. Using your voice to sound the chakra tones can help to restore balance and flow to the energy centers. And please don’t worry if you have a good voice or have trouble carrying a tune ~ you can still get the same effect!
How to tone:
- Set your intention for each Chakra (i.e. inspire personal power, discover your hidden strengths etc)
- Find a comfortable chair or sit on the floor in easy pose ~ making certain your back is straight.
- Take a few deep breaths to relax.
- Choose the vowel sound you would like to work with.
- Take a deep breath, all the way into your belly, then just let the sound flow from you as you exhale. For the Solar Plexus Chakra, you will tone RAM. As you get close to the end of your breath close your lips on the M and feel the vibration it creates. For some, it is too ticklish!
- Feel the vibration in your Solar Plexus and hold your intention as you tone.
- You can hold your gemstones or even something that is the color. Sound each tone several times, say five to ten.
- If you like you can raise the sound of your tone for the Third Eye chakra center or you use the same note. The important goal is to hold your intention while toning.
- When you’re done, take a few minutes to sit in silence and feel the energy that was created from your toning.
- If you can do it in the bath ~wow! It will be beautiful and healing and if you can do it in the bath under the moonlight ~pow-pow! What a beautiful gift to yourself that would be….
Supermoons are especially bright in winter ~ so watch her rise tonight night at 5:28 pm PST or 8:28 pm EST. The Lunar eclipse will be starting at 2:51 AM PST AND ending tomorrow morning at 8:08 am ~ so if you have a chance watch the Moon set tomorrow morning at 6:55 am PST~ the sun will rise at the same time 6:52 am (PST) ~ it should be spectacular!
As I am finish writing this the Moon is shining her beautiful light on me ~ oh, how I love her so this Grandmother Moon! She makes me feel so much gratitude and love every time I look up at her ~ I know she does the same for you.
Leo Full Moons present us with a powerful time to see ourselves, our relationships, and our world more in light of how they actually are than how we would like them to be. Enjoy the rising of the Light, the return of longer days as we move into Imbolc on February 1st and groundhogs day on Feb 2nd
Let this sun warm your soul’s moon family and keep the personal power vibration high ~ and don’t forget to put out your Moon Water Gems!
Full Moon Blessings
And, as seasoned herbalists following the cycle of the year, we also realize that this full moon falls at Imbolc, the halfway point between the winter solstice and the spring equinox.
Even as some early signs of spring may be stirring around us, let’s allow our roots to continue to be nourished by winter’s magic and beauty. And gaze at the moon tonight.