Gibbous Moon ~ Libra Full Moon ~ Full Moon Medicine
Yesterday we moved into the energies of the Gibbous Moon. This is a beautiful time to stay aware of any negative thoughts or energy coming forward that can deter us from coming into the fullness of our ideas or intentions, and releasing them into our lives. Grandmother Moon is resting in the sign of Virgo until Friday morning ~ what better time to clear out the cobwebs and clutter in our home and mind before she moves into her Fullness in Libra on Saturday morning at 5:36 AM (PST)/8:36 AM (EST). This is a beautiful time to stay aware of negative thoughts or traits coming forward.
As you are moving through this energy also remember that we have our second Blue Full Moon this month ~ a moon to remind us that opportunities are never lost. That they come back around as the Moon does. They may not always appear at the most convenient time in your life, but these are opportunities you have had to pursue your dreams ~ and find an excuse not to act upon them. Following dreams is not easy, we must change how we think and act. This is the time to do that, yet remember that sometimes we need to make sacrifices. If we don’t move or act we become stuck repeating the present. The Moons phases guide us into remembering the importance of being aware and in tune with our thoughts and actions. This is a time to find a new approach, a new way, something different. Something fun ~ it will clear the path so that the opportunities will again flow your way ~ here are some thoughts on moving energy over the next two days:
- Find gratitude in small places so that you keep your visions full of positive energy. When you find yourself falling into that negative comment or thought, LAUGH. LAUGH out loud at yourself. And then find something about it or your life/surroundings to be grateful for ~ this is not hard gems, in fact, it can change your inner landscape so much you may be surprised.
- PLEASE ~ take a walk outside and smell the beautiful, wonderful, amazing, luscious, bountiful, smells of Mother Nature. I am in awe of her smells in the spring and how they fill not only my senses but also my cellular body of memory. I do not pass through a spring without remembering my mother and how much she loved nature ~ it is something I cherish, to have her near me in thoughts and smells and it reminds me of how much love this world truly has to offer.
- Do Ho’oponopono. This is a Hawaiian Huna ritual for forgiveness. This is a lovely ritual to help you to release negative patterns: look in the mirror and for each negative thought, tell yourself I am sorry, I forgive you, thank you for your awareness and I love you.
And now that you have cleared the path for all those opportunities lets bring them into the light of the Full Moon in Libra (Saturday, March 31 @ 5:36 AM PST). Libra is all about beauty and balance and can stir in us the ways that move us into our dreams with just that ~ balance and beauty. This is not a time to give up or feel that things are passing you by ~ but to notice, notice, notice, and move into the feeling and beauty and opportunities that are presenting themselves to you under her light. Grab them, see them, feel them, and most of all get to know those places in your body and spirit that hold them so that you can access them later as she begins to wane. If they are not complete, put them in a safe place so that you can work with them and seed them again in new soil for the New Moon in Aries.
Libra is an air sign and another reason to be sure to get time outside ~ to feel the warm breezes of spring on your skin ~ a simple way to re-enter your body awareness. If possible, jump outside under the rains ~ cleansing and clarity come from a walk in the rain. She is ruled by Venus and so it is also a time for self-love and forgiveness. Libra rules the kidneys and intestines
Here are a few rituals to gather this Full Moon Medicine:
- Paint ~ with your fingers ~ yes, with your fingers. It will open up places you have not touched in a long time.
- Create a vision board for your dreams. If you have one that you completed for the New Year ~ make this a follow-up vision board to see if they have changed, moved or come to fruition and how you want them to continue moving. Doing them more than once a year is a good thing! If you don’t have time to complete it before the Full Moon ~ gather some pictures or remembering’s of spring blooms and save them for later. This is a time of gathering.
- Work with your Heart Chakra. The Heart Chakra or Anahata is the fourth chakra and is located at the center of the chest near the heart. Working with the heart chakra will teach you how to give and receive love, and how to forgive yourself and others. Using Rose Quartz or Jade and the colors of pink and green will connect you with your heart center. The heart chakra unites the three earth energy chakras below and the three spirit energy chakras above. Balancing this chakra will help you to grow in your spirituality, for it is at this center that you can heal both emotionally and physically.
- Feel Beautiful!
- Put on your favorite dress and dance barefoot on the earth or with your children or moon sisters
- Gather flowers and place them all over your house in little vases to remind you of the beauty you hold ~ mother nature is the best reminder
- Smile at a stranger ~ it will make you feel beautiful inside and out
- Listen to the songbirds and find your song ~ it is there to be awakened now
- And this is the time to prepare for your Full Moon Water Ritual. It is also a lovely time to place your gemstones or amulets out under her light to cleanse.
This Full Moon is the harbinger of Spring. This is the time of year to fill up with Mother Natures Medicine called blossoming! Gather. Enjoy. Savor. Her love, light, and fullness are here for you.
Full Moon Water Ritual
The Moon. Luna. Mwezi. Grandmother. We know her across the world under different names, but as her light shines down on us she makes each of us feel like we are her special one, the one she really wants to communicate with, the one who has something special to offer the world…and we do, each of us.
Creating rituals can be nourishing and turn you inward to your quieter spaces. I would like to offer you one such ritual that can be done each month if you like, a Full Moon Water Ritual that I love to do and find healing benefits from. It may help you connect with new parts of yourself, brighten your day or help quiet you so you can hear the sweet words your soul is sharing. Gathering the light of the Moon into water is a way to connect with your feminine power.
Creating Moon Water under the Full Moon is an ancient ritual for men and women and is best charged on the first night of the Full Moon. There are many ways to use the Moon Water once it is charged: I love the most ancient and sacred practice of drinking this moon magic! You may want to use it for blessings, for cleansing your chakras, making tea or for watering your plants ~ maybe they need a boost of moon water love! You will intuitively know what to do with yours once you hold the power of the charged water in your hands.
Here are the steps to creating your Moon Water Magic:
- To begin, you will want to pick a glass container, jar, or bowl – something that will hold the sacred feeling of what you want the water to carry over the next 28 days. The vessel can vary with each full moon – sometimes large, sometimes small, colored or clear. You may feel inspired to decorate the vessel with colors by surrounding it with gemstones, flowers, leaves, candles or even draw or write on it…be creative!
- On the eve of the Full Moon fill your container using filtered or distilled water. Bless the water, by holding it and visualizing the water collecting the energy of the moonlight. Share your love and intention with the water by speaking into it – tell it what you want the light to shine on in your life.
- Cover the container and place it outside, if possible, where the moon can shine into the water all night. If you cannot place it outside, choose a windowsill where it can gather the greatest number of moonlit hours.
- The next morning collect the container with the Moon Water, hold and bless it again thanking Grandmother Moon for her light and energy, then take your first sip!
Every morning until the next full moon, take a sip of your Moon Water on an empty stomach. With each sip, you will strengthen yourself with the properties of the full moon. Open yourself to her energy of creativity, wildness, imagination, and brightness ~ she is there for you. Remember the blessings and intentions you placed in her and let this be a new way to start your day with gratitude and connection to the light within you.
Moon energy is something we all experience bi-monthly as her ocean tides rise and fall and the Earth tides (body tides) create a displacement of the Earth, which is caused by the gravity of the Moon and the Sun. We may not feel it in an active sense any more than we do the spinning of the earth as it rotates on its axis, but as we tune into it we can feel her pull. We, women, are in a bodily ceremony with her every month as we follow her cycle of 28 days in our menses. We feel her rhythm as she wanes and waxes and she calls to us on a deeply emotional and nurturing level. We carry the vibration of her feminine power.