New Moon in Libra Wind, Balance, Stillness
Tonight, October 8th, we are under the Dark Moon of Libra at 8:47 pm PST (11:47 EST). We also have the opportunity to work with a beautiful Cazimi Moon again tonight! These dropping moons contain a strong energy for seeding your intentions. Libra energy gives us the chance to weigh out what is increasing and decreasing in our lives, showing us a deeper way of intuiting paths to self-growth and inner fulfillment. When we find ourselves indecisive it can keep us from moving forward with assertiveness. Remember that making choices is freedom.
When we are setting intentions under this New Moon in the Air Sign of Libra we can use the element of wind, the mothers’ breath, to guide us deeper into our places of knowledge.
This is our first New Moon following the Fall Equinox, a time to allow the winds of change to move out what longer serves us and to fill those new spaces with that which brings us forward in balance. Once the wind moves through us we may find ourselves in a place of stillness. When you are in your place of stillness you can be inwardly still and reflective while at the same time outwardly present to your situation. It is from this beautiful place of stillness that we can choose to act in a situation or not! Outer and inner stillness reinforce one another.
During a dark moon (seed moon) your mind turns inward. You may feel contemplative yet find your intuition is active. This is the time to seed/plant your intentions.
Here are a few questions to contemplate under this Dark Moon ~
Where is your inner point of balance??
What is increasing/decreasing in your life?
Here are a few thoughts on seeding your intention for this New Moon in Libra:
- Create your altar using blues, yellow, silver or violet. Some lovely gemstones to work with under this moon are agates, jade, peridot, lapis lazuli or opals. Place a picture of a scale on the yin/yang symbol on your altar to represent balance.
- Notice the wind today and into the evening. As you are from inside to outside BREATHE in the wind, full deep breathes and let it stir you. Wind carries a certain magic that can bring change unexpectedly to our lives! Wind can also be a messenger and open us to the communications of our soul! See if you can take the winds energy and allow it to help you move out that which no longer is flowing and bring you into your place of stillness.
- Next! Fill your notebook with the messages or thoughts or words that come to you. Do not stop to think about what you are writing ~ just write!! How does this message support your intention? How does it support you in finding your inner balance? Does it inspire an idea or creative thought?
- Cleanse your space tonight with the smoke of sage or palo santo using a feather to move the smoke across the room and your body.
- Then under the Cazimi Moon 8:17-9: 17 pm PST (11:17pm – 12:17am EST) take those words and allow them to guide you into placing a strong and clear intention for this New Moon seeding. When you are creating your intention ~ if you like use arrows to move your intention along the page!
- Place your intention into your hand and blow it onto your altar ~ allowing it to place itself where it needs too! Feel the intention every time you encounter a breeze, strong or light winds until the next full moon. Let it continue to stir you and your heart.
Air is a powerful element. It carries the archetypal properties of spirit into the physical world. Use this air element to turn and shift and move your intention in the direction of your beautiful wishes!
Tomorrow, October 9th, we will be under the Sprouting Moon. During a sprouting moon, you may find sudden insights or new ideas! Your appetite may increase and you may need less sleep. If you can, watch the Moon set tomorrow night (7:15 pm PST, 10:15 EST) ~ look for that sliver moon as the sun is setting. It is a beautiful way to bring your intention forward and feel the blessing of new beginnings as we move into the waxing moon.