Tonight at 11:33 pm PST and tomorrow, February 9th at 2:33 am EST we have our Full Moon in Leo. This Moon is known as the Snow Moon as it is the time of year that we can get our biggest snowfalls. Leo is also the Moon of children and creation and this is a time where you may experience the unexpected.
The Full Moon teaches us to work in cycles to allow old growth to be moved out of the way so that we can make space for the new ~ a releasing. Maybe you don’t need to make anything happen right now.
Leo Full Moons present us with a powerful time to see our relationships, our world, and ourselves more in light of how they actually are than how we would like them to be. Take time to return inward to gather your fire and creativity. It will give you the recharge to keep you centered in YOU when you are in the world at large.
At this time of winter, we begin to feel the rumble, the thunder within that is waiting to be brought forward into fruition. Spring is on her way. Don’t let the cold and snow keep you from sensing her budding energy starting to rise up in you. Enjoy the rising of the Light and the return of longer days.
Planetary energies are here for each of us to experience individually. We may feel them deeply and we may not feel them at all. Yet they are there like the air we breathe and they touch us and move within us and guide us. I encourage each of you to listen to your intuition and know that only the information that touches you in a deep place is your truth. It is like returning home to the place inside you that holds your truth. Listen and learn from others, yet be sure to check in with you, with your inner home.
So enjoy these energies and trust the feelings, love, and energy that is playing with you. Take time to feel. That is what Grandmother Moon is about; and when she is in Leo, she is firing up your life with courage and strength and creativity. That is her beautiful message.
For your altar ~ royal blues, purples and orange; gemstones, amber, pyrite, emerald and whatever call to you; and, grab some jasmine and sunflowers to bring you to your center and help you to remember your souls’ intention.
Your quality of life reflects how you are nourished; how you nourish others and the way you function in the world. Every level of our being requires nourishment ~ body, mind, and spirit. This is a wonderful time to pay attention to your health and how you nourish yourself ~ here is some food for thought:
- MIND ~ we are bombarded daily with impressions from social media, movies, books, or magazines so that we end up carrying around too much “weight” in our heads. Eliminating what does not promote wholesomeness can get you to feeling better. Gradually eliminating whatever is no longer relevant -stuff, habits, relationships, or points of view ` helps to remove some of the excesses of your lifestyle.
- BODY ~ bring awareness to what, where and how you eat. Choosing healthy foods and eating with intention sends a message to your entire being that it is worth nourishing. Finding time to move your body can clear cobwebs from an overfull mind by rerouting excess energy from the head to the body.
- HEART ~ nourishment of the heart calls for healthy relationships in your life. Nourish your relationships with care so that they can provide you and others with emotional sustenance.
- SPIRIT ~ nourish your spirit. Nature, rest, relaxation all bring us back to ourselves and when we do it with regularity, we clear the mind, calm the emotions and facilitate self-awareness.
Contemplate these as you move through this fiery Full Leo Moon and as you place your intentions in your Moon Water. Let the Sun’s energy warm your souls and the Moons energy helps you to keep your personal power vibration high.
And don’t forget to put out your Moon Water Gems!
Full Moon Water Ritual
The Moon. Luna. Mwezi. Grandmother. We know her across the world under different names, but as her light shines down on us she makes each of us feel like we are her special one, the one she really wants to communicate with, the one who has something special to offer the world…and we do, each of us.
Creating rituals can be nourishing and turn you inward to your quieter spaces. I would like to offer you one such ritual that can be done each month if you like, a Full Moon Water Ritual that I love to do and find healing benefits from. It may help you connect with new parts of yourself, brighten your day or help quiet you so you can hear the sweet words your soul is sharing. Gathering the light of the Moon into water is a way to connect to your feminine power.
Creating Moon Water under the Full Moon is an ancient ritual for men and women and is best charged on the first night of the Full Moon. There are many ways to use the Moon Water once it is charged: I love the most ancient and sacred practice of drinking this moon magic! You may want to use it for blessings, for cleansing your chakras, making tea or for watering your plants ~ maybe they need a boost of moon water love! You will intuitively know what to do with yours once you hold the power of the charged water in your hands.
Here are the steps to creating your Moon Water Magic:
- To begin, you will want to pick a glass container, jar, or bowl – something that will hold the sacred feeling of what you want the water to carry over the next 28 days. The vessel can vary with each full moon – sometimes large, sometimes small, colored or clear. You may feel inspired to decorate the vessel with colors by surrounding it with gemstones, flowers, leaves, candles or even draw or write on it…be creative!
- On the eve of the Full Moon fill your container using filtered or distilled water. Bless the water, by holding it and visualizing the water collecting the energy of the moonlight. Share your love and intention with the water by speaking into it – tell it what you want the light to shine on in your life.
- Cover the container and place it outside, if possible, where the moon can shine into the water all night. If you cannot place it outside, choose a windowsill where it can gather the greatest number of moonlit hours.
- The next morning collect the container with the Moon Water, hold and bless it again thanking Grandmother Moon for her light and energy, then take your first sip!
Every morning until the next full moon, take a sip of your Moon Water on an empty stomach. With each sip, you will strengthen yourself with the properties of the full moon. Open yourself to her energy of creativity, wildness, imagination, and brightness ~ she is there for you. Remember the blessings and intentions you placed in her and let this be a new way to start your day with gratitude and connection to the light within you.
Moon energy is something we all experience bi-monthly as her ocean tides rise and fall and the Earth tides (body tides) create a displacement of the Earth, which is caused by the gravity of the Moon and the Sun. We may not feel it in an active sense any more than we do the spinning of the earth as it rotates on its axis, but as we tune into it we can feel her pull. We, women, are in bodily ceremony with her every month as we follow her cycle of 28 days in our menses. We feel her rhythm as she wanes and waxes and she calls to us on a deeply emotional and nurturing level. We carry the vibration of her feminine power.