Starting today we are under a beautiful Dark Balsamic Moon in Aquarius. When the Moon is in Aquarius she can bring up complicated emotions as Aquarius is a Moon that has a strong need for emotional freedom. And when we are under a Void of Course Moon the energies of discipline, submission, subordination, and spontaneity fit nicely into rituals exploring the shadow sides of emotion.
The Balsamic Moon is rightfully called the wishing Moon as she holds the beautiful energy to lift our wishes into the winds of the coming New Moon. Some even say that wishes made under the balsamic Moon are more likely to come true because our needs are felt more deeply under her. She teaches us to be more aware of our fears, self-doubts and difficult emotions at the close of the moon cycle. Can you feel the old emotional cycle breaking down? Remember my dear Moon Family, feeling invokes healing.
The deeper one can feel under her energy, the deeper the healing. Many times this process is unconscious and we can understand this, as seeds grow best when planted in darkness. When something within you is disowned, that which is disowned can wreak havoc. I love the weaving of the Balsamic energies to clear the space for creating openings for seeding New Moon Intentions.
You may find yourself to feel sleepy under this Moon and giving in to the need to rest and dream is recommended! This can be a time to quit bad habits or break old patterns and here is a lovely ritual ~
Mourn a habit or attachment you want to release ~ then jump into bed for at least one irrational nap and let all of your feelings come up. Look at how you love this habit and why you hate it. Imagine life without it and feel the fear. Imagine yourself beyond the fear, happy, strong and free. Wander through the dark forest of all your feelings, without repressing them or getting stuck. Once you have explored them all, end with a simple clearing ritual ~ I love bathing, but you can use sage, bells, drumming, etc. Now write what you want to release on a piece of paper and then tear or burn it up. Or empty an old drawer or clean a corner of your house and throw away what you no longer need. The energy in this area will sparkle! Breathe it in as an encouragement for the new you.
As the moon wanes, awareness of what you no longer need waxes. You can see better what is standing in your way ~ but you have to slow down in order to receive this information. After stillness, new visions find their way forward and this is the beauty of releasing old habits and baggage. Using this ending of the Moon cycle allows for rest, releasing and prepares one for seeding.
Here are a few additional rituals to use under this Balsamic Moon to guide you into your New Moon Intention:
With the New Moon in Pisces being a Water Element Moon lets keep our rituals focused on water and how we heal our body with water over these next four days. If you can find the time, do one of the following rituals each day to fuel your emotional waters.
- Take a bath ~ tonight or tomorrow night to really take in the movement and fluidity of water. Let the waters help you to soften into listening to your body and heart for the release under this balsamic moon. Let yourself be guided by the invisible currents beneath you ~ inside of you. Since Pisces rules the feet, I also encourage you to take time to focus on nurturing your feet ~ in the bath or just using oil and rubbing the areas that call you. Tender places may give you insight into your body and what you need! Doing this before your seed day helps you to mark the beginning of your new cycle.
- Drink lots of water, especially lemon water or hydrating drinks such as herbal tea, coconut water, and cucumber juice. Dehydration contributes to stress, fatigue, anger, and negative moods. Under this watery moon, let’s focus on staying hydrated. The best way is to have a drink every ½ hour or hour. Know that if you wait until you are thirsty you are already dehydrated! If you are so inclined to add gemstones to your water. A few lovely gemstones to work with under this Pisces Moon are amethyst and rose quartz. Bless your water (and gemstones if you add them) and give yourself some love and healing!
- Make a broth or soup with lots of vegetables to boost your immune system. And since the Pisces Moon rules the pineal gland, add seaweed, chlorella, spirulina, or beets to the soup to give extra support to your pineal gland. While you are cooking speak kindly to yourself and bless your food. This is also a good time to eat grapes, apples, oranges, and dates. Follow your cravings, but go easy on the coffee, sweets, and salty foods!
- The spirit animal for Pisces is the Seahorse. The seahorse is known for its gentle nature. Call in the Seahorse if you are in need of safe guidance through rough emotional waters. The seahorse can also fire your imagination.
- With Mercury in retrograde, although this is going to be the easiest one of the year, it is important to be aware of how you are communicating to yourself through this New Moon, and to others.
As we move into the Moon in Pisces on Saturday evening, February 22nd at 11:37 pm PST you can begin to feel the Piscean energy of openness and receptiveness.
NEW MOON IN PISCES
As we enter the New Moon in Pisces on Sunday, February 23rd at 7:31 am PST (10:31 am EST) we can focus on her feminine, cool, watery energy. A Moon in Pisces will make us, sometimes painfully, aware of what we feel. She heightens not only our emotions, but our senses, intuition, and imagination. As she ushers in the ending of the astrological year can add a richness to clearing the old energies.
This is the last New Moon of the Astrological Year ~ the New Year for Astrology begins with the New Moon in Aries.
Pisces, a feminine, water sign, is ruled by the dreamy, romantic, nostalgic, magical planet of Neptune! The Moon and Neptune are in charge of fluids ~ both planetary and bodily. Neptune and Pisces also rule the feet, toes, and the lymphatic and endocrine systems.
Water elements bring you into your dreams and feminine signs signal a time to work with fluidity, movement, internal focus, to feel more than think, and to receive and be receptive.
Here are a few thoughts to hold under this Moon time ~
- Are you feeling any sudden insights or new ideas?
- Are you feeling fluid in thoughts and dreams?
- As you turn inward can you feel your prayer/intention as well as speak it?
- Are you aware of what wants to move through you to create new space for your new intentions?
If I could choose to come back as an element it would be water ~ river, ocean, lake, stream! I hope you can take a risk of crossing the great river into unknown territory under this beautiful, watery moon. Let if flow.